Thursday, October 06, 2005

Hampi

Here are some of the photos from the magnificent ruins of Hampi the seat of the Vijayanagara Empire. These photos don't do justice to the place since Hampi is a place "to be experienced" and not to be just seen. I reached Hampi early in the morning and when I went into the ruins, I was transferred into a kingdom in the past. Your imagination just runs amok looking at these ruins and wondering what a splendor Hampi would have been at its peak. The stories and legends about the wealth of Hampi add to the aura. Photos of Hampi.


The Shiva temple at Hampi The Lotus Temple at Hampi The Shiva lingam at hampi






Find above the Hampi photo gallery, photos that were taken by me during my visit to Hampi. More Hampi Phots here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hampi is beautiful